The dog has his own place at the dining table so he can eat with the family!
Your mobile ringtone is ‘Who Let The Dogs Out’!
You don’t mind that your dog has more friends than you on Facebook!
You own more tennis balls than Andy Murray!
After staring into your dog’s eyes for hours on end you are beginning to believe you have a telepathic link!
You splash out on a Pampered Paws spa day for your dog!
You know the name of every dog when on walkies but fail to recognise any of the owners!
You go shopping for a special birthday outfit … for the dog!
Dog owners and dog lovers come in all shapes, sizes and personalities.
Does having a certain dog say something about you? Some people would say “yes”.
Check out what your dog says about you!
1. Labrador – Labrador owners are always looking for fun things to do. If necessary, they will gladly provide the fun. They love all sports, especially water sports. These people are known for their kindness, compassionate nature and spontaneity. They will try anything, at least once.
2. Golden Retriever – Golden Retriever owners are generally laid back good people who love the outdoors. They enjoy spending time with their friends and family and many have jobs where they help people. Most also devote some of their free time to volunteering and frequently donate to various charities. Some can be a little too trusting.
3. German Shepherds – German Shepherd owners are often serious people that tend to be a little shy around strangers. People that don’t know them may consider them to be aloof, but once you get to know them, they have hearts of gold and will do anything for their friends. They can be fiercely loyal and enjoy helping people. They always want to do what is right, morally and ethically.
4. Beagles – Owners of beagles are people that enjoy good times. They bring laughter and joy to everyone’s lives. Very social, beagle owners are quite chatty and have lots of friends. They lead active lives but also enjoy spending quality time in front of the TV.
5. Yorkshire Terriers – Yorkshire Terrier owners tend to be fastidious and very organised. They are independent and enjoy a good debate. They keep a very neat and clean house and dress meticulously. A bad hair day is rare but when it happens, it will ruin the whole day.
6. Boxers – Boxer owners love life and are usually quite busy. To them, strangers are just friends they haven’t met yet. Their lives are busy with lots of loyal friends. Some may find them a little too busy and somewhat high strung. These people handle life’s stresses with silliness and playfulness. To them life isn’t worth living if it isn’t full of fun and laughter.
7. Poodles – Poodle owners are sincere and compassionate people. They love passionately and will do anything to help someone in need. They take great pride in their appearance and keep themselves and their homes very clean. They enjoy travelling and fancy restaurants.
8. Shih Tzus – Owners of Shih Tzus are friendly and nonjudgmental and are dearly loved by their friends. They are great confidants and enjoy a calm relaxed lifestyle. They aren’t one to take on extra tasks at work and prefer to be taken care of. They enjoy valet parking and personal shoppers.
9. Chihuahuas – Chihuahua owners are considered quite versatile. They can be fun, serious, a home body or a partier. They are generally very neat and meticulous and take great care of their homes and possessions. They are very loyal to their friends but can be misunderstood by people who don’t know them. Some can be labelled prickly or aloof but actually are warm and loving to their friends. Some can be hot tempered.
10. Miniature Schnauzer – Many Schnauzer owners can be considered strict and are very organized. There are often lots of rules in the house and a place for everything. Clutter isn’t tolerated. They are loyal and compassionate individuals with a strong work ethic.
11. Pug – Pug owners are class clowns. They are always cheerful and happy and love to try new things. They have a great sense of humour and a zest and love of life. T hey will do anything for a good laugh.
12. Pomeranian – Pomeranian owners love drama and the luxuries of life. They can spend hours in the bathroom primping and getting ready. They have a bounce in their step and love to be the centre of attention. Pom owners expect to be treated well and only go to the best restaurants. They are always invited to the best parties.
13. Bull Dog – Most Bull Dog owners love to laugh and be silly but some have a stubborn streak. They like to do things in their own time and in their own way. They are very methodical and look for the easiest and most efficient way to get things done. T hey love their family dearly and can be very romantic. They have a sentimental streak and love to sit in front of the TV with a big bowl of popcorn.
14. Cocker Spaniel – Cocker Spaniel owners often have busy lives but will do whatever it takes to spend quality time with their families. They love to be romanced and like lots of drama in their lives. Some can be quick-tempered. These owners love looking good and spend time at the gym and at the salon getting their look just right. They don’t really like change and don’t make new friends easily but they have several very good friends, many since childhood.
15. Rottweiler – Rottweiler owners are serious and determined people that may be described as “intense”by people that know them well. They have a strong sense of right and wrong and are well respected by their friends. They have an air of confidence and those that don’t know them may think they are aloof. Once you get to know them, they are devoted and loyal friends.
16. German Shorthaired Pointer – German Shorthaired Pointer owners are athletic and have excellent hand-eye coordination. They are friendly but enjoy solitude. Many spend their weekends hiking. Their dream is to compete in a triathalon or be part of Eco-Challenge.